The Science behind Hemp
The naturally occurring active ingredient in hemp works with your body’s endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is a vast signaling network of cannabinoid receptors interconnected throughout the body's tissue, glands, and organs. This system is involved in a variety of physiological and cognitive processes including pain-sensation, immune system, detoxification pathways, appetite, nervous system, mood and memory. When the endocannabinoid system is high-functioning, it promotes optimal health.
As science discovers more about the endocannabinoid system in the human body, more is learned about the immense health value that hemp-derived products can bring to the table. Extensive studies have been done in Europe and the US on the physical, emotional, and mental benefits of these products. High quality hemp-derived products are rapidly becoming a staple supplement used by millions of people who are seeking a natural alternative to pharmaceuticals.
Here are some of the highlights of how the active ingredient in hemp is being used around the world:
- To support a healthy response to stress
- To stimulate mental clarity, greater focus, and cognitive function
- To support anxiety and depression
- For its anti-inflammatory properties (which the other ingredients in our tea also have!)
- For muscle recovery
- To Improve gut health and to assist irritable bowel syndrome
- To supports quality sleep cycles and deep rest
- As a tool for chronic pain management
- To support conditions that have epilepsy and seizures as side effects
- To assist substance abuse treatment
- To promote well-being in those with PTSD
- It’s even being studied to see if it can be used in oncology treatments. So far the data isn't conclusive but looks promising!